Saturday, March 14, 2009

The Same Moon



Click image to view at 800 pixels wide

I remember once emailing with a friend on the other side of the world, the time zones balanced up so it was night in both places and the moon rising here was almost setting there. It was an amazing thought to be so far apart but both looking at the moon at the very same moment. So when I see the moon when I'm travelling it gives me a smile, it makes me feel more connected with home, if only in that it reminds me we're one planet here. This was a simple framing of the daytime moon among the trees of early winter on a street in Sunderland, UK, by the river and half a mile from the sea, in November, 2006. The clear blue sky and bright colors mask the fact it was cool: a chill wind off the North Sea was biting hard out on the breakwaters, and it was downright cold after dark. The picture has been mildly enhanced, sharpened and the colours tweaked a touch. Fuji FinePix S5600, automatic. Image by Mike.

No comments:

Post a Comment