Monday, February 2, 2009

Mirror, Mirror On The Wall

moth reflecting closeup


A few weeks ago I was cleaning the outside windows. As I was about to start this window I noticed what I thought was a big hunk of dirt on the window frame. Upon closer inspection I saw that it was a moth on the wooden frame right up against the glass making a nice reflection. The fact that it landed next to a nail head made it look really cool. Went inside and grabbed the trusty Fuji S6500fd, set it to macro with auto focus and got this shot from two inches away. Didn't have to do anything to the pic, it came out perfectly just like the moth looked like in real life. I thought about trying the super-macro setting, but I didn't want to disturb by getting any closer. Needless to say, I didn't wash that particular window that day. Photo by dave.

No comments:

Post a Comment